The Dragon

My baby girl develops this fascination on lizards since early on. House lizards. I think her first word was "Chak" for 'Cicak'. She has keen eyes for them too. She can immediately spot one on a wall or ceiling 10 meters away. I haven't figured out the reason behind this fascination. Perhaps because house lizards is something she often saw in her first months of life, when she hadn't learn to sit up straight.


I stumbled upon this article via socmed this afternoon, "Real Flying Dragon Discovered in Indonesia". It's actually a wild lizard, with membranes growing on the side of its body to help it glide from trees to trees. Like squirrels. The flying ones I mean.



Colorful little buggers.

I have nothing against lizards, except for their innate ability to get inside my half-drunk mug of coffee or chocolate. Or their tendency to jump and fall on you just when you unsuspectedly and innocently were just opening a door. The big fat ones love to do that. And they seem to love to give you a heart attack when they fall right on your face/neck. Or the fact that they tend to take a dump on your opened lap top, or phone, or books, or your hair...

Oh, I found one of the buggers dead in a box of chocolate powder I like to make into warm drink. I hope it died in ecstasy. The house also had, once, a mummified house lizard half sticking out the power fuse box. It looked so ... gothic like. The mummy stayed where it was for nearly a year. And then humidity won.

Back to this dragonette species. I think my baby girl would love them.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa