The Neighbor


You know the new tetangga who bought the next door house from our tetangga kampret? His wife ran off with a Taiwanese.

At least that's what he said to a couple of our friends who stayed over for NYE. Just like that, when they happened to walk in the same direction on that last day of 2012, and he discovered they were our friends and guests. Small chitchats and then, "My wife ran away." Poor thing. He probably had to spill it like a walking broken automaton.

So those two boys we often hear, there's a reason to the little one's whining and crying every now and then. Or so what I would like to believe.

It's a good thing they're boys. He won't have awkward time going to department store in the women section and shop for bras for teen daughter(s).

I saw their front paved yard has quite a few of potted plants. At least this neighbor likes green at some level. Seems like a reasonable neighbor.

Sorry I scowled when you smiled at me the other day, neighbor. I wasn't sure how to react when I caught you staring as I was sweeping the pendopo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa