Welcome Back (The Green Eyed Monster)

The ups and downs now mostly happened inside and outside.
More than once I consider about bailing it and take some shortcut in order to just ... cut it short, you know. Get through it coldly and as swift and painless as possible. And then I remembered the last time I did that. Cold, quick, painless and zero fuss. Only, it left me quite numb for quite some times without me realizing it. It wasn't the unpleasant numb, but still... numb. I mean, how'd you like to walk around without feeling your legs and feet? You'd fall down easily. You'd step on dog crap etcetera and not realizing it. So, yeah. No thanks.

So I took the hard and long road.

I hate the hard and long road. But life isn't always peaches and sunshines. Three cheers for general formal maturity and consciousness. *snikt!*




Now. The last few weeks the green eyed monster made a come back too. Although it has been for quite some times I had it under check, it still lurks around dark corners see? Quite normal I think. We all have a couple or more monsters inside.

I find being grateful keeps the monster away. The thing is, gratitude derives from comparison. Comparison attracts the monster. I feel like throwing raw meat to a school of piranha while am standing waist deep in the water.

So, that was me. How about you? What's your favorite monster?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa