She is Not Here Yet

By the time I write this, she is 4 days passed her estimated due date. Why? I don't know. Perhaps she's not ready yet.

She's head down, which is good. She's descended into the pelvic bone, which is good. The uterine is ripe and thinning, which is good. But she's not coming out yet. Her father had been around for a week and she's still inside.

Aren't we anxious? HELL YES WE ARE! Aside of the umbilical cord problem, everything is peachy inside, apparently. The ob-gyn was quite cool in a reassuring way. "Come back next Thursday if nothing happens, and we'll induce her out."

So, what is supposed to happen before next Thursday?



Hopefuly something like labor contraction. Water breaking. So far I had only a bit of the mucus plug out. Mild back pain. Mild pelvic discomfort. A series of Braxton-Hicks that are still not turning into something more serious.

The little rabbit, in the mean time, seems to still enjoy the limited space she's grown into inside.

My feet are swelling permanently nowadays. The pelvic discomfort is not disabilitating, but it can be frustrating when you're used to be able to move and then finding out your movement is now limited. The widdle wabbit has this habit of poking her bottom up and out while her head is low, so my stomach looks like it's perching really high under my breasts. People always thought am still carrying her high when she has descended quite low for weeks (altho apparently not as low as I wished her to be). It's getting really difficult to put on underwear or pants.

I am not complaining as I realize, oh hey it's part of the package. So is being patiently waiting for the widdle wabbit to hop out and meet us. BUT! It has been not too nice to be constantly asked, "Why is she not born yet?"

People, do you think I intend to keep this child inside me FOREVER? Only God knows why she's not out yet. I walked up and down the stairs as much as I could, walked around the block, and heck, I even walked 8km today to make sure she descended and engaged inside the pelvic bone, but still no sign of labor yet. Y U NO SEE MY EFFORT?

Intended jokes about me getting cut open to get the widdle wabbit out, is not really amusing either at this stage. I particularly am not too fond of the idea of Cesarian operation, so as long as there are other alternatives to deliver the widdle wabbit naturally, I am steering clear off the idea of Sectio. Everytime I heard someone suggesting or mentioning the idea of sectio to me, I feel like being jinxed. Not a good feeling at all. If you can't imagine it, it's like having people telling you "I hope you're going to break your arm soon."

I really appreciate the anxiousness, attention, concerns and the affection you guys are trying to display, but asking "Why is she not born yet" every two to five days is honestly, really, not helping me staying calm, or helping her coming out at all. I will of course tell you about her arrival when the time comes.

Good Lord, I also hope I won't need the induction next Thursday :|

Please be sweet my widdle wabbit, hop out soon because everyone is waiting for you :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Monster Playgroup (Pt. 1)