Sometimes the Old Ways are Better

I was standing in a queue for Pak Min's Chicken Soup this evening when I saw this guy in front of me handed something over the counter. It was a tin container. He was going to bring the soup home.


I can't remember when exactly was it the last time I brought a tin container from home to buy and bring home the food. Nowadays it's always plastic plastic plastic. Hot food, cold beverages, almost everything uses plastic.

I have been trying to return to the forgotten habit of the era before Twitter, Facebook, heck even before Friendster and mIRC; going shopping carrying a shopping bag from home to reduce plastic bags. Which means the going shopping itself has to be carefully planned, so I can bring the shopping bag :D. Not a bad idea for times of crises like nowadays, when all prices goes sky rocketing and would never ever touched down anywhere.

Now I'll just need to start bringing food containers when buying food out.

By the way, in the blog where I took the photo of rantang, I also found this thing that I had wanted for quite sometimes now. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa