Sensibility at Bay, Petai is the Way!



Started the day averagely at 10.30 today. I changed my alarm set up from the unrealistic 5.30 to the realistic 8 am, but the result was still disappointing heh heh heh. The fact that I slept around 3 am didn't help much. I have to learn to sleep early.

Unlike the days before, I didn't stop after finishing house chores and gave in to an hour nap after 3 pm. Instead, I showered and went out to the nearest public library to sip the wifi connection. AHAHAHA.

After weeks of limited connection, it felt liberating to have a proper internet session. :D There were so many to catch up with, I didn't know where to start, and ended up updating photos for my online social network and downloaded several chapters of audiobook for Jane Austen's Sense and Sensibility. I so need an iPod now, to listen to Jane Austen's work being read at any given time and place, I tell you! >:]


Miss Austen is making a lot of sense

J had to run errands here and there so he couldn't come with food to break the fasting. BUT, there was some discussion after 6 at the library, and the library provided some snacks and hot tea! Not only did I sip the wifi connection, I also sipped the hot tea, and helped myself a little snack to break my fasting. HA!

But afterwards J called and asked if I could pick him up at Teddy's place. So I took his trusted motorbike and headed South. Our original plan was to have dinner, but we ended up having long chit chat in Teddy's porch with David the Brit and Kokok, who's busy teaching Teddy how to use google map on his new smart phone. When me an J finally stood up and prepared to leave to get dinner, Teddy said they were going to eat out as well, so we ended up going to Warung Opera together. The small restaurant, located right across the Indonesian Art Institute Yogyakarta campus, provided incredibly delicious Javanese and Manado menu in considerably cheap prices.

J's trusted motorbike is of this kind but in green

It turned out to be Teddy's birthday! YAY! Happy birthday, Teddy! :) He treated us dinner. Yay! YAY! :)

All of us had Nasi Goreng Teri Petai (Fried Rice with Anchovy and stinky beans) with J skipping the petai altogether and David the vegan had Tempe Penyet and Tofu and Oseng Kangkung with rice. J and I shared a bowl of Ayam Manado (Chicken in special Manado soup) that is just simply MARVELOUS! We both also had ginger tea, Lemon Tea for Tere and David, and a bottle of beer for the birthday boy. In overall we all felt very contented :) YAY! I sang Happy Birthday for Teddy several times during dinner, heh heh heh.


Petai is a very sensible choice in times of doubt; Petai or not Petai?

After I got home I felt very-very-very sleepy and tired. It's one a.m. so it's good I guess. Tomorrow... I mean this morning shall be more awesome than yesterday! :D YAY!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa