Victory Lap Cliches

Time does tell
have you heard?
Time does tell
I didn't even have to do anything

Your colors are showing
Can't you see?
It's not like your hair-roots need retouching
I didn't even have to point it out and, it, they're already seeing

I still asked you know,
Is it my bad? Did I instigate this?
Just to make sure that I was right,
how you brought this upon yourself

I am glad
I won't lie
I am glad
I am glad that they were there to see it for themselves
and how it didn't even need the slightest pushing


Oh yes
I am childish and weird and the such
the labels oh you did put on me years and years back
It won't wear off as you know it well,
it stuck and sticks and after a while I really don't mind
because at least now I can look back and really have a good laugh

How about you?
Hey,
can you still look back and still have your good laugh?
Because, perhaps...
well, just perhaps
we can laugh it off together?

:D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Monster Playgroup (Pt. 1)