Not an Angkot Journal : Grey Jakarta

It was grey outside.
It was grey since early in the morning.
And then it was raining.
I was green. A bit soaked but it's ok. I know the sun will always shine. Dries me up and brings me some high lights.
And the trip was short and I always thought it's a nice short trip
regardless the rain or the occasional traffic jams here and there
and the off-tuned off-beat singing from those street kids
and sometimes beggars...
I can't remember who sat next to me
but I remember this guy
He was grey like Jakarta
He was sitting alone
quiet and not quite doing anything at first
and then when our bus started to roll he pulled out something from his bag
and spent the rest of the journey (at least until I got off the bus) reading whatever copy it was, jotting notes here and there
In my head floated,
"Well, isn't this a lovely thing to start the day with"


Like Ditsky said, these little things that seem so amazing, aren't something to miss when it's all compiled together and put under the name "JAKARTA"

We can always find it everywhere else. Why stop here in this grey city?


(no, seriously Bert, why stop in INDIA?)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa