Dawn Treader the Second

Or, otherwise known as : It Is Not That Rotten Yet.



The days are getting more and more hectic for some reasons I can't comprehend. Is it the weather? Time of the year? The season? What?

The design boys are buried neck deep in assignments, poor things, and I spent several hours in the last couple of days sulking. Not very productive? Well. Not creatively productive. I kept delaying the creative parts of my tasks because of other pressing urgencies: the commercials. Which actually contributed to my sulleness. Yes, in this world, money rules. Ha. What else is new?

This is one of the reasons I can't finish the Voyage of the Dawn Treader in one or two sittings. I only just spent perhaps a total of one hour on the book, getting to page 92 of the 210. Not bad. About 4-5 short sittings since I got the book last Sunday, from one of the second-hand book shop I often visit in Bandung :)

I brought the book to the office and left it on the desk, next to Meg. A co-worker walked past my desk several times and looked interested. She finally stopped to check after about 4-5 times looking at the book while passing through.

"What is this?" as she flipped the book. Followed rapidly with, "...eww, it's rotten. The book is rotten." And she left my desk in a hurry, abandoning the neatly plastic-covered book.

Since it is a second-hand, a paperback copy printed in 1975, naturally it looks a bit shabby. It's not rotten yet, I have seen rotten books, which in general looks very, very sad and dying. This one, I know had received the tender loving care of my fellow book hunter, Blanyuk the Bald. :)

Hmh, back to work.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Monster Playgroup (Pt. 1)