Kecengan Lama Bersemi Kembali

Wow, ada kegembiraan dalam ketertekanan gue. Wehehe!

Akhir pekan ini, di saat gue butut berkeringat dan cukup bete berat, mendadak, muncullah, orang yang gue pikir nggak bakalan gue ketemu lagi buat selama-lamanya. An old crush!

There he was, standing two meters away from me, I was just browsing around and my sight bumped into him and thinking "I think I know this guy." And he noticed me, and we exchanged looks of recognition, and it was indeed him.

Wow...

my Old Crush... (or something, but I was genuinely kind of interested in him) shook my hand and looked happy to see me. To recognized me. I was happy he even remembered me.

Dan pada saat itu gue sedang butut berkeringat dan sedang cukup bete berat. So I reckon, I didn't look my best, but what the heck, he didn't look his best either, but come on... I used to have some sort of crush for this guy, so naturally I wanted him to notice me, not like notice "notice" but more to the paying attention kind of notice... like, asking me what I'm up to.

"So, you working here now?"

Which flows like really soothing cool beverage in a hot hectic day. And he topped it with...

"Yeah, it sounds interesting! I'd like to do something like that too!" in the end of our short conversation.

Indeed. Five years ago this would've flown me to heaven. This year, it raced my heart a teeny weeny bit... excited me for the whole week afterwards, and toned down into a more subtle hesitant anticipation.

Really cool.

Did I flirt? I think I did. Tapi ingat, gue saat itu lagi butut berkeringat dan sedang bete cukup berat. So I don't think it hit anything but my own conscience.

A very nice surprise. It didn't turn every song into love song, or pour rain down a romantic haze of Bolywood-esque fertility boost, but it made me smile a lot, raced my heart a slight bit, and fill a little corner in my heart with warmth.

I am smiling wide as I wrote this!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa