Happy Birthday Chris Hammond

Pretty things, so what if I like pretty things
Pretty lies, so what if I like pretty lies
From where you are
To where I am
I need these pretty things
Around the planets of my face
Everything's a sign of my astrology
From where you are
To where I am now
Is its own galaxy
Be a star and fall down somewhere next to me
And make it past your color TV
This time will pass and with it will me
And all these pretty things
And don't say you don't notice them

**R.W.

Thank you for this bitter knowledge
Guardian angel who left me stranded
It was worth it, feeling abandoned
Makes one hardened but what has happened to love
you got me writing lyrics on postcards
Then in the evening looking at the stars
...What has happened to love

**R.W.

My phone's on vibrate for you
But still I never ever feel from you
...
So call me, call me in the morning
Call me in the night, so call me
Call me anytime you like
My phone's on vibrate for you, for you

** R.W.

So what if I borrowed words written by other hands, thought by other minds?
Sometimes I have a funny idea about us standing in the opposite side of the river. Not far the bridge that would bring us closer. But we just stood there, waiting. Waiting for the sun to set, for the stars to fall, for the world to burn. We just stood there in our crossings, on the opposite sides of the river, and you said nothing, and I kept on waiting.
So what if I borrowed some stones to stuff my pockets with, and have it over swift?
Sometimes I have a funny idea that this world would turn to the shape I wanted it to be. But you knew it's not like that. I was just too stubborn to see. Still I loved it when we sit and play pretend, like knowing what's going to come our way.
This is the first time in years I didn't pick up the phone and dial your number in the middle of the night, wishing you a great year ahead.
So what if I hope that you'll miss that?

Happy Birthday, Chris Hammond. May this year brings you luck you lost last year.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Durga Doesn't Have Laundry Problems, and We Shouldn't Either!

Have Child Will Travel: Nyepi Holiday Adventure (2)

Main ke Desa